Auction Terms & Conditions JEFFREY S. EVANS & ASSOCIATES--AUCTION TERMS
Visit the BUYING page at www.jeffreysevans.com for these terms and other conditions of sale.
Your bid constitutes a legally binding contract. By bidding with Jeffrey S. Evans & Associates (JSE & Assoc.) either directly or through another online auction provider (e.g. Live Auctioneers), you are agreeing to abide by all associated auction terms and conditions. Bidder approval is at the sole discretion of JSE & Assoc.
1. The auctioneer reserves the right to reopen bidding on a sold lot (under extreme circumstances only) and is the sole determinant concerning all bid disputes and the final authority in regard to all auction terms and conditions.
2. Lots won by bidding in person, by phone bid, or by absentee bidding directly with JSE & Assoc. are subject to a 17% buyer's premium (BP), discounted to 15% for payment by cash, check or money order. Lots won through the Live Auctioneers platform ("live" internet and/or absentee bidding) are subject to a flat 20% BP, which is NOT eligble for discount.
3. Unless exempted by law, all purchases are subject to a 5% VA state sales tax (this is also applicable to out-of-state buyers who pick up their purchases in VA).
4. VA law requires that all dealers have a valid, signed VA Dept. of Taxation Sales & Use Tax Certificate of Exemption on file with us (required per auction for non-VA dealers).
5. Regarding Absentee and Phone Bidding directly with JSE & Assoc. (does NOT apply to absentee bids submitted through Live Auctioneers):
a. These services are offered as a courtesy, at no additional cost to the bidder. We are not responsible for errors or unexecuted absentee or phone bids. Our online absentee bidding is powered by Auction Flex. No service fee is imposed on lots won by absentee bidding through jeffreysevans.com/Auction Flex.
b. Non-Internet bids: If you do not have Internet access, you may fax, mail, or hand-deliver bids to us and we will enter the bids on your behalf. Non-Internet bids must include the auction date and a signed statement indicating that you accept all terms and conditions of the auction. Call 540.434.3939 (ext. 0) to request a bid form. Note: Your local library may provide internet access for free, or for a nominal fee.
c. All absentee bids must be in written form. We cannot accept verbal absentee bids. Submitted bids that are not commensurate with our standard bid increments will be rounded up to the correct bid increment.
d. We welcome international bidders; however, all communications must be in English.
e. If you bid on the incorrect lot and win, you are liable for payment. When we enter bids for you, we refer to lot numbers only; however, if we notice a discrepancy between a lot number and item description, we will attempt to contact you to clarify. If it is not possible to confirm your intent, we will not execute your bid(s).
f. Absentee bidders may be in competition with various "live" bidders. "Live" bidders include "floor" or "in-house" bidders (bidding in person at our auction gallery), Internet bidders (bidding in real time via computer) and phone bidders (bidding in real time via telephone).
g. All absentee bids are processed competitively with other absentee bids. In the event of identical absentee bids, the earliest received takes priority. Note: This is only coordinated between two tied absentee bids, and not between an absentee bid and a "live" bid, therefore it is possible that a "live" bidder could win a lot for the same bid amount you placed prior to the auction (it depends on where that bid increment falls during live bidding on the lot).
h. Absentee bids placed in person at our gallery are accepted at any time prior to the sale of the item. The deadline for all other absentee bids (internet, mailed and faxed bids) is two hours prior to the start of the auction.
i. All phone bids are subject to a minimum opening bid per lot ($250 for calls within the USA; $500 for international calls). Phone bids must be arranged by 3 PM ET, the day before the auction.
j. We will notify all successful bidders, including Live Auctioneers winners, by email or phone within 2 business days of the sale. Winning bidders must contact us by 5 PM ET on the Friday following the auction to confirm receipt of initial invoice and arrange for payment and shipping/pick up. Buyer is responsible for coordinating pick up of any items we do not ship.
k. PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 5 DAYS OF THE DATE OF YOUR INVOICE. If you have requested that we pack and ship for you, payment in full is due within 5 business days of the date of your final invoice, which includes shipping charges. Requests for our packing/shipping service must be made by 5 PM ET on the Friday following the auction. **Please mail payment to PO Box 2638, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
l. See our BUYING webpage for additional auction terms and other important information.
6. Once an item is sold to an in-house bidder, the buyer assumes full risk and responsibility for said item.
7. Items purchased in person at our gallery must be paid in full on the date of sale, unless other arrangements have been pre-approved by an authorized representative of Jeffrey S. Evans & Assoc.
8. Each returned check is subject to a $50.00 service charge.
9. Accounts that are unpaid after 30 days of the sale date will be subject to a 2% monthly finance charge.
10. The buyer is liable for all fees/costs associated with the collection of balances due, including attorney's fees.
11. Unless pre-arranged with JSE & Assoc., merchandise not removed within 2 weeks of the sale date is subject to a storage fee; merchandise not removed within 60 days of the sale date is considered abandoned.
12. Refunds will be given at the sole discretion of the auctioneer and will only be considered on lots that are determined not to be authentic or have major damage or significant restorations/repairs that were not outlined in the condition report. Lots cataloged without circa dates are not guaranteed as to age. Additionally:
a. All rugs are sold strictly "as is" with no guarantees as to age, origin or condition. No refunds will be accepted on rugs.
b. Refunds in regard to condition for items purchased in person at the gallery must be requested before those items are removed from the gallery.
c. All refund requests, including substantiating documentation and/or photographs, must be RECEIVED within 25 days of the sale. Requests in regard to authenticity must also include at least one supporting written and signed statement from an authority recognized by the auctioneer. Note: Your timeliness and type of payment (uncertified checks are held for 10 business days before we ship) directly affect the time allowed for a refund transaction.
d. Absolutely no refunds will be made after 25 days of the sale date.
e. Do not return any item until a refund authorization has been obtained from JSE & Assoc. Once a refund is approved and the complete lot is returned to the satisfaction of the auctioneer, a full refund of the hammer price and buyer's premium will be issued (we do not refund shipping cost). We do not offer partial refunds.
13. Additional conditions of sale apply as noted on our website and/or as announced by the auctioneer prior to the auction.
14. These terms and conditions, as well as the respective rights and obligations hereunder, shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The purchaser shall be deemed to have consented to the jurisdiction of the state courts of, and the federal courts sitting in, the Commonwealth of Virginia.
STANDARD BID INCREMENTS
All bids should be submitted in accordance with this guide:
$0 to $200: $10 raise
$200 to $500: $25 raise
$500 to $1,000: $50 raise
$1,000 to $3,000: $100 raise
$3,000 to $5,000: $250 raise
$5,000 to $10,000: $500 raise
$10,000 to $30,000: $1,000 raise
$30,000 to $50,000: $2,500 raise
$50,000 to $100,000: $5,000 raise
Over $100,000: $10,000 raise
JEFFREY S. EVANS & ASSOCIATES, INC.
Auctioneers, Appraisers, Brokers, Consultants & Collections Management
VAF #555 VAF #782
GALLERY LOCATION: 2177 Green Valley Lane, Mt. Crawford, VA 22841 (deliveries via USPS should be sent to P. O. Box 2638, Harrisonburg, VA 22801).
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms